A One-of-a-Kind Experience: Check Out What Model Has to Offer
Families across the region who are seeking a world-class education have made the decision to join the Model School community. We invite you to explore the unique learning environment and challenging opportunities available to Model students, and submit an application today!
Whether starting early at the Kindergarten level, transferring during the middle school years, or entering high school as a Model Patriot, the advantages of a Model Lab School education will be life-changing: a world-class education that prepares world-class leaders.
Model Laboratory School offers tuition-supported enrollment to students in Kindergarten - Grade 12 through an admissions process designed to promote fairness and non-discrimination. Offers of acceptance into Model Laboratory School are based on the date the application was received with limited exception.
K-12 Curriculum: The Model Core
- Individualized and small group instruction
- A curricular focus on early literacy and mathematics
- Specialized services and instruction through collaborations with EKU students and faculty
- Performing Arts programs in orchestra, band, vocal music and drama;
- STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) Education, including Engineering, Design and Coding.
- Focus on conceptual understanding of applied mathematics through the research-based University of Chicago Mathematics Program;
- Strong foundation to deepen understanding and solidify skills critical for high school success.
- Opportunities for all 8th grade students to earn high school credits in courses taught by high school faculty
- College preparatory, liberal arts core curriculum that highlights interdisciplinary connections across English, mathematics, social science, history, science, and the arts ;
- College, university, and dual credit courses taught by Eastern Kentucky University faculty;
- Advanced Placement courses that lead to the College Board's prestigious Capstone Diploma option;
- Service and engagement with the community through required service learning projects;
- Opportunity for applied learning in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math), Performing Arts, and Career and Technical Education;
- More than 30 clubs and sports programs.
Tuition & Fees
Families may be eligible for need-based financial assistance, as determined by a financial aid committee after review by FAIR, an independent financial review organization.
To apply for financial aid, visit the FAIR website: www.fairapp.com. Click the Parent Login link to start the process. Create an account providing an email account and choice of password, then click the Create New Application link. When prompted for the school code enter 175. The school password is mls175.
- Application for admission to kindergarten through grade 12 at Model Laboratory School may be made at any time following a child’s second birthday.
- A student must be five years of age by August 1 of the enrollment year to enter the kindergarten program.
- Once a student is accepted into Model Laboratory (K or higher level), no additional application is required for remaining grade levels when a student has maintained continuous enrollment in the Model Laboratory School program.
Model Laboratory School has a reputation of excellence and values a high-quality education for every student. As a result, the number of admission applications may exceed the student capacity of the school. When this occurs, a wait list will be established and students will be placed in accordance with the established guidelines.
Schedule a Tour
Contact Beth Campbell at Beth.Campbell@eku.edu to schedule a tour, and then check out our Visitors' Center for additional information!